1.0 Measures to support accessibility
Abbots Care takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Abbots Care website:
- Include accessibility as part of our service.
- Integrate accessibility into our operations practices.
- Appoint an accessibility lead to monitor.
- Provide accessibility training for our staff.
- Include people with disabilities in our design.
2.0 Conformance Status
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Abbots Care Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data. Not all images and videos have interpretation.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Abbots Care Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Abbots Care website.
- Phone: 01727 891004
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
4.0 Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Abbots Care Website is may not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
5.0 Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Abbots Care Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Abbots Care Website:
- Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We can provide converted documents on request.
6.0 Assessment approach
Abbots Care will assess the accessibility of Abbots Care Website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
7.0 Evaluation report
An evaluation report for Abbots Care Website will be available from 1st December 2022.
8.0 Evaluation statement
Implementation and Feedback
We aim to have our website completely accessible by the 1st December 2022. If you require any of the information in an alternative format, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 01727 891004.