CQC Outstanding home care
Going above and beyond what’s expected
Abbots Care is fully regulated, inspected and rated by The Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We are proudly twice rated Outstanding for our home care and live-in care services (registered office Hertfordshire).
Who is the CQC and what does that mean for me or my loved one?
The CQC is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. It makes sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care and they encourage care services to improve.
The CQC provides transparency and accountability in the healthcare industry by making its findings and inspections available to the public. To do this, they monitor, inspect and regulate services, publishing their findings which include performance ratings on their website.
It’s important to note when choosing a care service that the CQC does not regulate care companies that act as introductory agents and are known as non-regulated services.
What is an Outstanding provider?
An outstanding rating is the highest accolade a provider of care can receive, but what does this really mean?
Being rated Outstanding means that Abbots Care consistently delivers exceptional care to the people who use our services, going above and beyond what is expected.
Our care and support teams work tirelessly to ensure that all aspects of our care meet the highest standards, from our rigorous recruitment and training procedures right through to how you or your loved one likes their tea – ensuring we make a meaningful day-to-day difference to the lives of those who choose our services.
For you and your loved one, choosing an outstanding provider family gives extra peace of mind that the care we provide will be of the very highest standards.
The CQC 5 standards – promoting quality care
We proudly support the standards and quality benchmarks set by the CQC and we believe in being open and transparent about the quality of the care we provide, to allow our Service Users and the public the information they need to make informed decisions about their care.
There are five key questions the CQC asks of all care services to make sure the focus is on the things that matter to the people and their families using the service:
- Are they safe? Safe: means you are protected from abuse and avoidable harm.
- Are they effective? Effective: means that the care, treatment and support achieve good outcomes, helps you to maintain quality of life and is based on the best available evidence.
- Are they caring? Caring: staff Involve and treat you with compassion, kindness, dignity, and respect.
- Are they responsive to people’s needs? Responsive: services are organised so that they meet your needs.
- Are they well-led? Well-led: the leadership, management, and governance of the organisation make sure It’s providing high-quality care that’s based around your Individual needs, that It encourages learning and innovation, and that it promotes and open and fair culture.
“We are proud of our outstanding CQC rating and will continue to strive for excellence in everything we do.”
The Abbots Care Team
Begin your care journey
Get in touch
Our friendly care advisors are available on 0330 094 5511 to guide you through the process, explain your options and answer any questions you may have.
Free home care assessment
A qualified member of our team will contact you to discuss your needs.
We will work with you and your family to create a person-centred care plan, which is reviewed regularly when your care begins.